Carrollwood Players Theatre presents…
by Katori Hall
Directed by Joshua Goff
A CWP Black Box Production
February 12th – 21st, 2021
Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm, Sundays at 2 pm
Tickets now on sale at https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?actions=13&p=2
A gripping reimagining of events the night before the assassination of the civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
On April 3, 1968, after delivering one of his most memorable speeches, an exhausted Dr. King retires to his room at the Lorraine Motel while a storm rages outside.
When a mysterious stranger arrives with some surprising news, King is forced to confront his destiny and his legacy to his people.
Presented with the support of the Arts Council of Hillsborough County and the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners.
The Mountaintop is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR PERFORMANCES OF THIS PRODUCTION:
1. All tickets must be purchased in advance online. There will be no tickets sold at the door.
2. Seating will be limited to approximately 15 seats per performance.
3. Certain rows and seats will be blocked to ensure physical distancing.
4. All audience members will be assigned seats and are required to sit only in their assigned seats.
5. You may note any special seating requests in the “special needs” pop-up during the ticket order process. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
6. Protective face coverings that cover the mouth and nose MUST be worn by all patrons from arrival until departure from the venue. We will not admit patrons who are not properly wearing a face-covering during the entire visit to our venue.
7. All persons entering the venue will have their temperature taken with a no-touch thermometer. Patrons with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will not be admitted. Patrons who refuse a temperature check will not be admitted.
8. Any patron who is not admitted, or notifies us in advance they will not attend due to health concerns, will receive a credit or refund.
9. The lobby will open 30 minutes prior to curtain time, instead of the usual 1 hour. The house will be opened at the same time. Patrons wishing to arrive earlier will be asked to remain in their vehicles.
10. All areas of our venue will be thoroughly sanitized before opening. Restrooms will be sanitized additionally during each Act.
11. There will be limited concessions offered. (Beverages only.) No consumption of outside food will be permitted in the lobby or audience seating area before, during, or after the performance.
12. There will be no cast meet and greet following the performance and all audience members are asked to leave the venue upon the completion of the performance. If you need to wait for a cast member, please do so outside.
Ticketing and Seating Policies:
Please note – online ticket sales for in-person performances are closed 2.5 hours before performance time.
Accessible seating is available on a limited basis for disabled patrons. Please indicate any special needs at the time of purchase, or email email@example.com to request accessible seating.
- Feb 12, 2021 at 08:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Fri)
- Feb 13, 2021 at 08:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Sat)
- Feb 14, 2021 at 02:00 pm – 04:00 pm (Sun)
- Feb 19, 2021 at 08:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Fri)
- Feb 20, 2021 at 08:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Sat)
- Feb 21, 2021 at 02:00 pm – 04:00 pm (Sun)