DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ARTS COUNCIL ORGANIZATIONAL GRANTS
We have prepared this comparison of Arts Council grants to assist in better understanding which grant might be best fit for a particular organization by identifying the differences in each. Please note below eligibility requirements for applicants and management requirements for grantees that apply to all Arts Council organizational grants.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ARTS COUNCIL ORGANIZATIONAL GRANT APPLICANTS AND RECIPIENTS
- Organization must be registered as an active Florida Corporation with the Florida Division of Corporations and have a principal address in Hillsborough County.
- Organization’s programs, services, and events must be open to the pubic and benefit the residents of Hillsborough County.
- Organization cannot be receiving funding through other Hillsborough County funding programs.
- Should an organization receive funding, requirements for reporting vary, but all recipients of grants from each of these programs are required to do the following:
- Credit the Arts Council of Hillsborough County and the Board of County Commissioners with both current logos in all promotions, both printed and electronic.
- Provide participant and audience numbers including diversity/demographic information.
- All grants are reimbursement-based. Recipients of all grant programs are expected to submit documented expenditures regularly in accordance with the management requirements of their specific grant program.
- Submit a final report at the end of the grant period.
Please contact Arts Council Staff if you have additional questions.
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO EACH ARTS COUNCIL ORGANIZATIONAL GRANT PROGRAM
|TOPIC||CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT |
|COMMUNITY ARTS IMPACT|
|COMMUNITY ARTS IMPACT GRANT (COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES)|
|TYPE OF FUNDING||General Program Support||Project Support||Project Support|
|ELIGIBE APPLICANTS||Cultural Organizations with a primary mission of cultural programming||Nonprofits including community, neighborhood, and ethic/cultural organizations for projects of a cultural nature. Also, emerging arts & cultural organizations. Organizations must be apolitical and nondenominational.||College or universities whose headquarters are located in Hillsborough County|
|INELIGIBLE APPLICANTS||Municipalities, government entities, educational institutions, and fiscal agents.||Organizations that have been approved for an Arts Council CDG grant in the same year, municipalities, government entities, educational institutions, and fiscal agents.||Organizations that are not a college or university with headquarters located in Hillsborough County|
|FUNDING AVAILABLE||Maximum grant request is based on organizational budget size and range from $15,000 to $25,000. It is anticipated that total grant requests will exceed funds available; consequently, requests are generally not fully funded.||Maximum grant request must not exceed $5,000. Total project cost must not exceed $50,000.||Maximum grant request must not exceed $12,500. Total funding for this grant program is $50,000.|
|NON-PROFIT STATUS||Must have tax-exempt status with|
Section 501(3)(c) of the IRS code for one to two years depending on level of funding request
|Must have tax-exempt status with|
Section 501(3)(c) of the IRS code at the time of application
|Must have tax-exempt status with Section 501(3)(c) of the IRS code at the time of application|
|CORPORATE STATUS||Registered as an active nonprofit with the Florida Division of Corporations for one to two years depending on level of funding request and have a principal address in Hillsborough County.|
|Registered as an active nonprofit with the Florida Division of Corporations at the time of application with a principal address in Hillsborough County||Registered as an active nonprofit with the Florida Division of Corporations at the time of application with a principal address in Hillsborough County|
|IRS FORM 990||Must provide a complete copy of the most recently filed IRS Form 990 or 990EZ sated within 18 months of the application date.||No Form 990 required.||No Form 990 required.|
|Organization must provide a 100% dollar for dollar cash match for funding required||Year 1, no cash match required|
Year 2, 25% cash match required
Year 3, 50% cash match required
Year 4, 100% dollar for dollar cash match required
|No cash match required.|
|LIABILITY INSURANCE REQUIREMENT||Grantees must provide a current certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the Arts Council and the Hillsborough County Board of County Commission as additional insureds||No Liability Insurance requirement||No Liability Insurance requirement|