Photography Basics: Learn, Practice, Create.
This 4-hour workshop is limited to very small groups, with personal attention for each attendee. The course is designed to provide the students with a sound knowledge of how to operate their cameras for both solid technical results, as well as creative applications. This class is based on multiple lecture presentations as well as extensive hands-on applications and one on one support.
The topics covered in this workshop include:
- Camera and lens basics, F-Stops, shutter speeds, ISO, focal lengths
- Automatic versus manual captures, RAW versus JPG
- Understanding histograms, correct exposures in varied conditions
- Color temperature, white balance
- Focus points, depth of field, including for creative purposes
- Drive modes; from single images to high-speed multiple captures
- Freezing action or capturing movement
- Basic composition principles and creative approaches
- Basic photo editing in PhotoshopStudent
requirements: Camera and lens (or multiple lenses), fully charged battery, media card, camera manual, and tripod if available.