What’s In It For You?
- Full-time role at 40 hours per week (7 am – 4 pm Sun – Thur, and special events)
- $15 per hour
- Paid time off plus 13 paid staff holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 3-4% employer matching contribution after 90 days
- Access to an employee wellness package
- Monthly parking stipend
- Professional development
- Access to museums across North America with TMA staff membership
Education and Experience: A High school diploma or GED preferred, and five (5) years of experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
Licenses and Certificates: Florida Class “C” Driver’s License or equivalent from another state.
Under general supervision, as a full-time employee, perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in cleaning and maintenance of the Tampa Museum of Art property and facility. Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties also include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of the need for repairs, power washing building and outdoor terraces, and cleaning exterior and interior windows.
Perform and oversee a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the maintenance of properties and facilities. Involves: Perform and oversee preventive building maintenance efforts involving:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass doors/partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors using the proper equipment
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Clear debris from the grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Power wash walls, outdoor balconies, terraces, walls and curbs.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Application of considerable knowledge of skilled trades related to building construction, maintenance, repair and renovation, proper maintenance and repair requirements related to area of responsibility.
- Application of considerable knowledge of the techniques utilized in concrete cleaning, proper maintenance, and repair requirements related to the museum’s terrace, interior floors, and stairs, including occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Application of considerable knowledge of the proper use and handling of a variety of tools and equipment.
- Application of good knowledge of safety, policies and procedures related to the area of responsibility.
- Application of some knowledge of supervisory techniques and effective customer service practices and procedures.
- Interpret and analyze technical data and information, including blueprints and as-built drawings, for decision-making purposes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, other departments, vendors, contractors and the general public.
- Safely operate and maintain organization vehicles and equipment and safely work in a variety of facilities, circumstances and situations.
- Express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Other Job Characteristics
- Subject to call during off working hours.
- Bend, climb and work on ladders, lift and/or carry heavy, bulky items, materials and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, hazardous chemicals, and extreme weather conditions.
- Pass a background check.
Please send cover letters and resumes to
Attn: David Lee, Facility Manager
Tampa Museum of Art
Cornelia Corbett Center
120 W Gasparilla Plaza
Tampa, Florida 33602
Or follow this link to email a PDF of a cover letter and resume.