From the creators of “Post-Rustbelt: Living Between America”, comes “Rustbelt: REDUX“. This exhibition seeks to showcase works of art that capture the American experience of life during the decades following the decline of industry (mid 1970’s) to beyond the turn of the millennium. Only this time… we are looking for more grit, more apocalyptic, more “street”, more deconstruction, more political, visionary, and yes- more rust..!
Rustbelt states are most often thought to include New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Great Lakes Canada is also included. Although regional in the nature of the content, the show is open to national artists who may have migrated away from the rustbelt, as this exodus is also an important aspect of the the Rustbelt experience
We are seeking artwork representative of, but not limited to: heavy industry decline; the disappearance of main street (and subsequent rise of hyper consumerism and gentrification); general life (artistic, social, work, family, otherwise); caught between changes (i.e. holding onto a past way of life while searching for new identity); and/or juxtapositions of old and new. We are welcoming works this year that are apocalyptic, visionary, destructive, and/or political.
Works are accepted from Emerging, Mid-Career, and/or Professional Artists. Work should somehow relate to the theme of the show.
“Rustbelt: REDUX” In-Person opening reception party will be held Saturday, March 26th, 2022 at 6 PM.
- “Rustbelt: REDUX” is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No “NFS” or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee or digital. (Please note this in the media tag, if applicable).
- All entries and fees will be processed through https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=9945
- Applicants may submit up to nine (9) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $27 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is Thursday, March 10th, at Midnight (MST)
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by Sunday March 13th
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Wednesday, March 23rd 2022