Carrollwood Cultural Center and show director Keith Eisenstadt are holding auditions for First Date. We seek actors to portray multiple characters simultaneously, so flexibility, range, and diversity in performance are a must.
First Date is a high-energy, fast-paced show that focuses on the night blind date newbie Aaron is set up with serial dater Casey. A casual drink at a busy NYC restaurant turns into a hilarious high-stakes dinner. Can this couple turn what could be a dating disaster into something special before the check arrives?
We are seeking a small cast of actors who can sing and act very well, handle contemporary musical theatre style with ease, and have great comedic timing – also, for a role or two, puppetry skills are a plus.
Please prepare up to 32 measures of a selection that best showcases your voice and acting abilities. An accompanist will be provided; please bring sheet music in the correct key. Acapella or tracks will not be accepted.
- Auditions: June 26-27, with possible callbacks on the June 28 (click for times and location)
- Rehearsals Begin: Monday, July 18
- Tech Week will begin on September 11
- Performance Dates: September 16, 17, 23, and 24 at 8 pm, September 18, 25 at 2 pm
- Aaron: Tenor, New Yorker, a Jewish investment banker. He has never been on a blind date before. Out of his element, nervous and trying way too hard.
- Casey: Great belt/mix, Daring, bold, and delightfully controversial – all a defense mechanism.
- Ensemble: will play all of the other roles
The Center is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage all performers of all abilities, races and ethnicity, gender identities and sexuality, and ages to attend every audition. To performers with disabilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com indicate if you need any special services, assistance, or appropriate modifications to fully participate in this audition.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding auditions for this production.
Adaptation by Austin Winsberg
Music and Lyrics by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner
Orchestrations by August Eriksmoen
Vocal & Incidental Music Arrangements by Dominick Amendum
FIRST DATE is presented by special arrangement with Concord Theatricals.
(Content Warning: Adult language and situations including sex and sexuality)