Summer Camp Instructor for Ages 4-5
The Carrollwood Cultural Center is looking for enthusiastic, creative, and attentive arts instructors for our phenomenal summer camp program. Our camp provides a high-quality educational and recreational experience for campers through art, music, theatre, and dance that keep Center families returning every summer.
To succeed as a camp instructor to the 4-5 year old class, one should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible and have extensive experience teaching this age group. Expectations include supervising campers to ensure their safety, teach the children arts lessons in accordance with the weekly themes, respond to incidents such as behavioral or accidents appropriately, log events and maintain records relating to activities, and encourage students to grow. Instructor will discuss and report camper participation concerns with the education director. Instructors should be a role model by maintaining positivity, be proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe, and unforgettable camp experience.
Hire is an independent contractor.
Summer Camp Arts Instructor Responsibilities:
- Lead instructor for the 4-5 year-old classroom.
- Keep campers safe.
- Supervise, lead, and support campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Be prepared, be punctual, be a role model
- Work with other camp staff to plan and coordinate Show & Shares.
- Monitor campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Clean, maintain, and ensure proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Report and record details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations with the education director.
- Memorize all emergency procedures and enforce camp rules.
- Participate in camp staff meetings.
Summer Camp Arts Instructor Requirements:
- High School Diploma, equivalent, or higher.
- Experience working in camps with children or with specific activities preferred.
- First aid, CPR, and additional training beneficial.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Process for Applying:
- Provide a resume with credentials and three references.
- Provide proof of teaching certification
- Provide lesson plan examples
- An instructor must be Level II certified to teach camp
Send all requirements to Katie Castonguay, Education Director at email@example.com