Community Stepping Stones (CSS) is seeking qualified After-school Teaching Artists. We are a non-profit dedicated to using the arts to inspire, educate, mentor and prepare youth to become successful adults. Our classroom is located in Mann-Wagnon Park, 1101 E River Cove Street, Sulphur Springs.
CSS’ After School Program, for students ages 7-13, meets 2:30-6:00 PM Monday- Friday when Hillsborough County Schools are in session. During extended school breaks (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer), Community Stepping Stones holds Art Camp 8AM-6PM. CSS Art Programs have a maximum attendance of 20 students.
Applicants need to be experienced in traditional art mediums as well as have a minimum of 5 years of experience leading a classroom. Applicants must be passionate in teaching and inspiring underserved youth to reach their full creative potential.
The After-School Teaching Artist position is a part-time position requiring at least 15 hours a week.
Hours available from Monday-Friday, 1-6 PM. Starting rate is $18/ hour.
Learn more about CSS and our mission at communitysteppingstones.org
The Teaching Artist position requires full classroom participation and interaction with the students. We’re looking for individuals who:
- Monitor and manage a classroom independently;
- Demonstrate leadership when directing students, interns, volunteers;
- Work well with a variety of different personalities and ages;
- Show understanding to those from different backgrounds;
- Are resourceful and creative in all aspects of the classroom
- Are willing to pick up students from Sulfur Springs Community School and walk them to CSS (about a quarter mile walk in total)
The Teaching Artist position has creative freedom inside and outside the classroom. Responsibilities of the After-School Teaching Artist include:
- Implementation of lesson plans suggested by the Program Director;
- Create and execute personal lesson plans;
- Encourage and oversee the progress of multiple student projects;
- Instruct, mentor, and educate students;
- Promote self-discipline and confidence among the students
If you feel you are a good fit for Community Stepping Stones, please contact Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org