The Tampa Museum of Art is hiring a new Marketing Assistant position. This person will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will be an integral part of the Tampa Museum of Art’s Marketing Department. The Marketing Department staff collaborates closely with educators, curators, visitor experience representatives and fundraisers to create catchy, informative content. The projects produced by the Marketing Department help inspire the public to visit, explore and engage with exhibitions and art education programs, and help the institution achieve membership and fundraising objectives to sustain its permanent collection, exhibitions, and educational offerings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Participate in various aspects of marketing and communications at the Tampa Museum of Art, including:
- Assist in writing and editing copy for marketing materials and press releases
- Assist with graphic design for print, video, web, and social media
- Assist with conducting market research to better understand the marketing needs of the organization and its target audience
- Document classes and programs for social media
- Assist with setup and breakdown of video and photography shoots
- Assist with production during filming
- Assist with photo and video edits and revise as needed
- Assist with equipment organization, labeling, and inventorying
- Assist with data entry on websites, email newsletters, marketing calendars, and social media planners
- Other clerical tasks as needed
- Ability to work on-site during select weekends, evenings, and holidays is required
- Must work enthusiastically, respectfully, and professionally with diverse audiences and be passionate about helping the public discover and learn.
- Excellent attention to detail for data entry and ability to organize details and complete projects on time.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to collaborate with team members, museum staff, volunteers, vendors, and guests.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for creating visually appealing images and marketing materials, including web graphics, social media posts, and print materials.
- Analytical skills, ability to compile and present data in an easy-to-understand way.
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills to balance deadlines and deliverables for multiple ongoing projects.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Ability to occasionally lift fifty (50) pounds or less of camera equipment.
- Ability to stand and walk in the lobby and galleries to find ideal spots for photography and video.
- Ability to bend, climb, and occasionally work on ladders or scissor lifts for photography and video.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk to give verbal instructions and hear to edit audio soundtracks.
- The employee must frequently use their hands to operate camera gear, studio lighting equipment and office materials; and reach with hands and arms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism, or a similar field is preferred. In place of a bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree and two years of Marketing or Advertising internship experience are required.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) proficiency required.
- Basic experience in photography and photo editing is required.
- Basic experience in videography and video editing is required.
- Knowledge of marketing requirements for social media platforms is required.
- WordPress or website content management system (CMS) experience is preferred.
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communication is required.
- Excellent Spanish-language verbal and written proficiency is preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, including continuing education on new marketing tactics and tools, is preferred.
- A link to the candidate’s design/photo/video portfolio is required to apply.
- Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Wage: $15/hour
- Work Location: On-site at the Tampa Museum of Art in downtown Tampa, Florida. Remote work opportunities are available after 90 days with advanced notice and manager approval.
- Paid time off plus 13 paid staff holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 3-4% employer matching contribution after 90 days
- Access to an employee wellness package
- Monthly parking stipendProfessional development
- Access to museums across North America with TMA staff membership
Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above description, and the Tampa Museum of Art may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and link to your design/photo/video portfolio via this LinkedIn application form.