1910 N. Ola Avenue, Tampa, 33602
Tuesday, Oct. 25
4 to 5:30 p.m.
Feeding Tampa Bay, part of the national Feeding America network, focuses on providing food to nearly 1 million food insecure families in the 10-county area of West Central Florida. Feeding Tampa Bay is reprising its Empty Bowls event where bowls handmade by children are auctioned to raise funds and awareness for hungry children in our community. This year we want to add a live artistic element to the event with four artists creating artworks that reflect the event’s theme.
Open call for four (4) visual artists to create artworks that speak to childhood hunger and visually answer the question “what could childhood look like without the burden of hunger?” Each artist will creatively interpret this question on a provided 4’ diameter plywood circle cutout. The circle is a nod to the larger theme of the night but we invite you to be creative with this shape, though it symbolizes a bowl the work can be abstract. For a child, the bottom of a bowl is a portal, with endless potential and possibilities.
Given the scale of the work, artists will be able to work with the material ahead of time to ensure completion of the work during the event. But there will need to be a live painting aspect during the 2- hour span of the event.
Artists must be able to commit to the following:
- Provide a written concept outlining your vision for the piece by Sept. 20, 2022.
- Arrive to Armature Works by 3 p.m. to set up and stay until the event concludes (as late as 6
- Complete any work on the mural ahead of the event as need to ensure completion during the event
- The work produced must be nearly complete within the 2-hour timeframe of the event
- Exposure to highly influential group of Tampa stakeholders and Feeding Tampa Bay partners
- Artworks to be featured in FTB’s new facility which will be a hub of support and services, visited by donors and members of the community.
- $1,000 stipend provided to cover materials and time
Submit your concept idea and portfolio for consideration for this exciting opportunity! Please email the following to Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Written concept outlining vision for artwork
- 2-3 examples of work or link to online portfolio